Veedersburg, Indiana is a small town located in Fountain County with a population of 2,074 as of 2017. Founded in 1871, it is an hour and fifteen minutes from Indianapolis and an hour from Terre Haute. Veedersburg was originally called Chambersburg, first settled by Jonathan Birch and John Colvert, and was renamed for one of its founders, Peter S. Veeder. Veedersburg grew due to three major railroads that ran through town. Bricks also helped the town grow. In fact, the Veedersburg Paver Company made the bricks for the original Brickyard for the Indianapolis 500 and the Chicago Loop. Today, agriculture comprises the majority of Veedersburg’s economic activity.
In the 1950s and 1960s, many smaller schools were consolidated to create the Fountain Central school corporation. Three districts were created and the Veedersburg area was in the third. Ground was broken for the high school in 1964 and the school was finished in 1965, with a swimming pool built onto the school in 1975. Today, Fountain Central Jr./Sr. High offers a comprehensive academic program and a wide variety of activities for their students including many sports, clubs, and national organizations.
Satellite communities include: Hillsboro, Kingman, Mellott, Newtown, Wallace, Covington and Attica.